Friday, April 29, 2011

Czech chata

I guess I will leave the Czech Republic without visiting one of the chatas that I heard so much about. The chata (pronounced like "k/h-a-t-a) is a small cottage that most Czech families own in the suburbs or countryside. It seems like lots of Czech people would use chata as a gat-away for the weekends to grow veggies, make Slivovitz, or to eat and drink and juts hang out with friends and family.
We had to take a quick train trip to Prague yesterday to apply for our visas. Along the train tracks, I saw many chata-like houses. I saw some old people working in their field (maybe planting something). I have been away from life close to the nature, but at some point in my life, I would like to tatally dip myself into nature and grow veggies (to have a self-sufficient life!) and just enjoy time with my friends and family - just like lots of Czech folks are already doing. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment